22 Mar 2010

Life Lessons

When living in a close knit community, it feels like you have an extended family. You have the relatives that you love to bits & then there's always the odd few that you cannot stand but you are nice to for the sake of your mum! However; all families pull together in a crisis.
This family is in shock today. A young woman who lives in this community, was in a car accident & died yesterday. She was just 23.
It really puts things into perspective & I am going to treasure EVERY single day I have on Earth.
The car crash was on a country road close by. The same country road that my husband crashed his car on last week!!! Luckily he only came away with a bad bumper and a sore back. I dread to think..
Her husband was away on a course & her young son was away at relatives at the time. I cant imagine how her husband must have felt when he got the phone call. It breaks my heart.
I read about it in the local newspaper & it brought tears to my eyes.
This poor woman lived only a few doors down on the same street I live on. I walked past it earlier. I wanted to look into her windows to see if she would be there and this was all a bad rumour!
Everyone is talking about this accident & wondering how her husband is coping. Lots of people have offered there support and I am sure he will have an army of people he can turn to for help.
It really is such a terrible shame and I hope that if there is a heaven, that she is up there now, watching over her family.

May we all live long and healthy lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment